Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Menu / Training Plan / New RECIPE!!


Wow, "Week 3" huh?  Time goes by quickly doesn't it?  Well after typing that (week 3), I realized something... while I do want to remember when I started this journey, I'm not sure if I should count the weeks.  I mean, this journey is on-going and by counting the weeks, it sounds like there's an upcoming ending.  Of course there's a goal, but I've got to plan this for living it, right?  So why count weeks?  

Anyway, I think after week 4 I will stop counting.  I'm counting week 4 simply to get 4 weeks of meal planning in so I can start over.  I still may substitute new recipes or old faves every now and again, but for the next several months, these will be my "go to" plans.  

As for training, it will be evolving based on where I'm at physically each week.  My goal is to be stronger of course, but I don't want to push too hard before I'm ready.  As long as I stick to the meals I'm planning, exercise daily, and continue to drop weight then I'm doing something right.  So, here are my plans for this week:

Week 3 Meal Plan (Just got back from mini-vacay, so meals got planned and shopped for today!)

Wednesday
B           Cereal/2% milk / coffee
S            Handful blackberries/handful almonds / water
L            PBJ on wheat/ pretzels / water
S            Nutrigrain bar / water
D            Beef tips over noodles w/ salad

Thursday
B            Yogurt/granola/banana
S            Homemade trailmix /water
L            Leftovers /water
S            Beef Jerky/ celery w/lite ranch /water
D            Chef meal

Friday
B            Cereal/2% milk / coffee
S            Triscuits w/ sharp cheddar /water
L            Leftovers / water
S            Almonds / berries /water
D            Skillet Tostadas* 

Saturday
B            Biscuit & gravy /water
S            skipped due to large/high cal breakfast!
L            Leftovers / water
S            bar /water
D            Subway (Eat Fresh!)

*New Recipe - modified from my  “Anyone Can Cook” cookbook (see below)


Training Plan

Wednesday:  Treadmill 30 minutes  w/core exercises & stretching
Thursday:  Walk 10K steps
Friday:  Treadmill 30 minutes  w/core exercises & stretching
Saturday:  Walk 10K steps


 Skillet Tostadas
       8 oz ground turkey
       1/2 cup chopped onions (1 medium)
       1 15-oz can seasoned black beans
       1 can condensed nacho cheese soup
       1/3 cup salsa
       1 cup 2% cheese, shredded
       8 tostada shells
       Toppings:  Shredded lettuce, diced tomato, light sour cream, etc


1.     In a 10-inch skillet cook the ground turkey and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain any fat and stir beans, soup, and salsa into the meat mixture.  Heat through.

2.     Divide the beef-bean mixture between the tostadas and add your favorite toppings.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...