Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Trim Healthy Menu for this week

Here I am trying to post regularly again, so I thought I'd start with this week's menu.  Breakfast and lunch are always up in the air for me no matter how much I try to plan.  So instead of assigning a day with a meal, I just give myself choices.  I also tend to eat the same meal for several days for breakfasts, so as long as I have my ingredients on hand, I'm good to go.  Dinner meals are a bit different due to the preparation involved, still I just list them as choices as opposed to assigning meals to days of the week.  

Breakfast Choices:
  • Sausage & Cheese on low carb wrap (you could add egg, but they don't like me!)
  • Oatmeal w/cinnamon and sweetener of choice (I also add some FF Cottage Cheese hi-speed blended with some frozen berries for additional protein)
  • Ezekiel toast with Laughing Cow Light and SF jam/jelly
  • FF Greek Yogurt with fruit (my favorite is to dip a sliced Fuji apple in Oikos Triple Zero Strawberry Greek Yogurt)

Lunch Choices:
  • Chicken & Black Bean Quesadilla w/ salsa
  • Pita Pizza (I use a Joseph's Pita and a spaghetti or pizza sauce w/less than 4g sugar and my fave toppings)
  • Deli Wrap (any lean deli meat plus lettuce, tomato, cucumber slices, w/mayo or Laughing Cow cheese wrapped in a low carb tortilla)
  • Tuna Salad on Ezekiel toast
  • Leftovers from dinner

Dinners:
  • Chicken* Rice & Broccoli
  • Taco "Rice" (Grd beef with taco seasoning over "Cauli-Rice" topped with shredded cheddar & sour cream, shredded lettuce and tomatoes)
  • Chicken* Burritos (use FF Refried Beans, LF Cheese, & salsa on Low carb tortilla)
  • Crabby Patties w/Broccoli
  • Spaghetti w/salad (uses Dreamfields pasta, grd turkey, sauce w/less than 4g sugar and LF salad dressing)
  • Pot Roast w/salad & "Mashed Cauli"
FF = Fat Free
SF = Sugar Free
LF = Low Fat

*Chicken is prepared in advance in Crock Pot - it's so tender, juicy and tastes GREAT!  I use the recipe in this video…








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...