Thursday, October 31, 2013

The next event will be....

Try a tri?  I want to do a triathlon, ok not a whole one, maybe a half.  Actually, maybe I should start with a mini (are they called sprints?).  But no matter which, I need to find one in the area.  I've only found one in Colorado, about 6 hours away, in June of 2014 - so maybe that'll be the one.  Although, I'm not far from NM or AZ, so I might have to cross over to a border state to find something that matches my needs (and skill level).

Until I find something, I'm thinking about re-upping my gym membership and practicing some indoor triathlon training - 10-minute swim, 30-minute bike, 20-minute run.  That's one sweet one-hour workout.  I think I'll have to work up to it though.

I also need to learn to swim correctly.  My current style of swimming basically involves me keeping my head above water and I know that's not a very efficient use of energy or good form.  But every time I try to put my head in the water, and attempt to breathe to the side every other stroke, I choke on water when I turn my head.  There has to be a trick to this.

I think getting some swim coaching will help.  However, I don't have the extra $$ to get the swim lesson hook-up.  So, I'll do the next best thing - look it up online!

Wow, here's something!!



This is soooo cool and so is he with those slick shades, right? (Like I'm one to talk - have you seen my blog pic LOL!)  But anyway, I learned a lot just by watching this video.  I can't wait to try it!

Anyone else got any swimming/biking/running tips?  I'm very open to suggestion.


2 comments:

  1. OMG, my swimming is awful too - I can do the breast stroke but when I try to swim freestyle, I get all flustered, go too fast and run out of steam - like I am always trying to catch my breath!

    I did a triathlon in 2006 - it was 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride and a 5k - my goal was to do it in 2 hours - it took me 2:01! The look on my husbands face when I came out of the water though was priceless - he thought for sure I was going to drown!

    I'll check out that video at home tonight. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always crack me up - I can just picture his face!

      And I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the swimming issues. Even the breast stroke wears me out though. But that's so cool you did a triathlon. Awesome!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...