Saturday, January 31, 2015

I'm a Trim Healthy Mama - The Beginning

Wow, I skipped out on this blog for like FOUR months!  No matter, I'm back at it now.  Typically, when a weight loss blogger, such as myself, steps out for this long, it's bad news.  I think we just get busy with life and re-prioritize.  Prioritizing a crazy, busy life typically means food choices suffer - am I right?  Well, I have good news… During my absence, I did not gain a single pound.  In fact…

I have dropped TWENTY pounds!!!!!

Woo-HOOOO!!!!  Yes, you read that right - twenty - as in two, zero.  Oh yes, I am thrilled.  I still have about 50 pounds to go, but this is an awesome start!

Don't worry, I won't hold out on you.  If you know me personally, I've already told you about this new lifestyle I've adapted, but if not - here it is.  Trim Healthy Mama (THM).  That's what I'm doing.  That's what I have been doing since around Thanksgiving of 2014.

I wanted to wait a few months to see if I could actually stick to this plan and see if it really works before posting about it.  Well, I'm very happy to say that it does work - without a doubt.

Have you heard of THM?  It's a pretty popular thing on Pinterest and Facebook.  You can search "Trim Healthy Mama" online too - they have a website.  The best thing to do is check out the book - that's what it's all based on anyway.  But hey, let me give it to ya in a nutshell, ok?

This is straight outta the book:  "Never include large amounts of both fat and carbs in the same meal…"

That's it, that's the basic principle to this lifestyle.  Check out my Meal Plan tab to see what I'm eating.  It's SO crazy that I can eat like this and lose weight.  Of course, there are more guidelines than not combining fat and carbs in the same meal.  But it's really easy to get mixed up in rules and perfection.  So when that happens to me - I just remind myself of that basic principle - and then I'm all good again.

Anyway, if you're curious, here's a little more info:

Eat this:
Protein + Fat (Max 10g NET CARBS and no max Fat, just eat 'til satisfied)
OR
Protein + Carbs (no more than 45g Carbs and no more than 5g fat)

Avoid sugar of any kind - white, brown, agave, maple syrup, honey, sugar in the raw, etc.

Avoid bread (including wheat bread), pasta, white rice, white potatoes or starchy veggies while trying to lose weight.  Once goal is achieved or if weight loss is occurring too rapidly, add in healthy carbs such as brown rice, corn, potatoes.  But for now, avoid them.

Eat every 3 hours - for me that's 8am/11am/2pm/5pm/8pm

So there it is in a nutshell.  I have to admit - when I first saw the "no bread / no pasta" thing, I was very hesitant, 'cause I love bread and pasta, you know?  Honestly though, it hasn't been that difficult.  If I want pasta, I'll go to Olive Garden and have some - not all the time, but once in a while won't hurt.  Actually, I haven't been there in a long time - I'm just not missing it.  These meals are so satisfying that I rarely feel like I'm being deprived of something.  How cool is that?!?

Click HERE to check out the book!!

Well, that's it for now.  I plan to start making videos for recipes I use, as well as workouts and much more in the upcoming months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...