Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Double down

Today was make-up day from yesterday in the exercise arena.  I walked about 2.5 miles during geocaching - found more snakes than caches, but more on that in a minute.  Next up was a lower body work-out while dinner was cooking.  Oh yeah - that was me multi-tasking!

Eating went great today.  Breakfast according to plan, but I got up late so I skipped the first snack.  Lunch was a BLT, so I left off the chip to make up for calories.  No 2nd snack either, then dinner was Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.  Very yummy!!

Now for the geocaching excursion... We originally wanted to do this after lunch.  Morning would have been better, but we had school registration this morning.  Anyway, we kept having to wait due to thunderstorms.  Finally, around 4 things cleared up and we were able to get started.  Our first cache location was surrounded by 8-foot tall weeds thanks to the last few weeks of weather, which has looked something like this - nice days if you dodge the rain:


I've never seen this particular area so grown over with weeds.  There wasn't any real way of getting to the cache location being 20 or so feet into the weeds.  Just as I was thinking of pushing my way through the weeds, my son saw a snake.  Ok, done with that site!  On to the next - on a path if you please.

The next location had the same issue with weeds though it may have been accessible from the other side of a very steep ravine, but this time it was me who saw a snake.  Tiny little guy - about 12 inches long and the width of a pencil.  However, my view is the only good snake is a dead snake.  Sorry to all you snake owners out there, but I think it's Biblical how I'm supposed to crush their heads with my heal.  However, since I was treading on his territory and he was very quick to turn the other way, there was no head-crushing today.

Anyway, on to the next location - SCORE!  Finally!  The next location was a bust - I think the rain destroyed this one.  So, we only found one point five caches out of four.  But the weather held and the hike was fun, so all in all it was good.  Here's a little pic of the journey...


Enjoy the rest of your week.  My focus this week will be on water and workouts!  What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...