Monday, August 12, 2013

Home for a visit

Today was a crazy day!  There was major grocery shopping, a vet appointment and a trip to the airport.  Whew!  Got a lot of stuff done - well, except for my geocaching =(

However, I took tomorrow off work so I'm going to geocache AND do my normal exercise plan, as well as hang out with my son!!! YAY He's home for a visit.  He's in the Navy and got some leave to come visit for our birth month.  We got to talking and he says he needs to lose weight too - not near what I need to, but still!  DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!  It means I don't have to stock up on a lot of his old favorite foods (and mine).  It means he's willing to follow my meal plan and use my Living Room Gym to exercise.  How cool is that!?!

As for the grocery shopping, I did couponing/planning/list making in advance.  Checked the sales at my grocery store and ended up saving over $50 with all the sales and my coupons!!  Very nice to be able to eat healthy AND save money.  It did cost me some time up front - time I could have used to work out, but I'm making it up to myself tomorrow -- I'll let you know how it goes.

Soooo DietBet results... I did it!!  By the skin of my teeth, but I did it - lost just under 4 pounds.  I'd really prefer not to cut it so close next round.  Confession time:  I didn't follow last weeks meal plan.  Instead, I bought some Slimfast shakes and a bunch of protein bars.  That plus water was my only intake.  Oh wait, I had a couple pieces of fruit at lunch.  Did I mention I drank A LOT of water.  What a crazy sick week, I don't think I'll do that again - I was soooo stinkin' hungry!  No way I could maintain that way of eating - it's great to see a loss on the scale again, but at the cost of being pretty miserable - nah - not my thing.

It's back to my regularly scheduled eating program this week.  Can't let myself get slack in that area or else it all goes downhill!  I'm still in a competition on WeightLossWars.  Next week is the midpoint for that comp. I haven't met many of my goals at all so far, in fact I think I'm about 5 pounds or so off from where I should be.  Well, I'm not giving up.  I'll look for more ways, including competitions, to stay motivated.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your DietBet challenge! Unfortunately, everything I tried to do to make it work did not do it. My body just didn't want to let go of the weight. I will try it again when I figure out how to get moving again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheryl! And I'm glad to hear you'll keep at it. It's so tough to find that motivation when the weight doesn't come off like it should. We just have to keep doing it until it works, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...