Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ramblin' Food for Thought

This is one of those days when I have no idea what to talk about.  I must be very tired!  So, I'll just ramble on for a minute and hit the hay.

First, let's hit the normal topics...

FOOD:  It's going ok, not great, but definitely ok.

WATER:  Was going great until today.  Oddly enough I had a mean headache.  Will do better tomorrow.

EXERCISE:  Great up until today.  I may still make my Nike goal, but I skipped lower body workout today to baby the knee.  It's starting to feel much better.  Ice and IB work.

Today was a sucky day, so maybe I'm just bummed about that.  Nothing to do with fitness, but at the same time, everything to do with it, ya know?  When I have a bad day, all I want to do is bow out of cooking dinner and just hit a restaurant.  Someday, when God locates a man for me, I hope he'll like to cook.  I don't mind it too much anymore, but it would be nice to have the option of "Honey, will you cook tonight?"  Oh yes, looking forward to that.

Ok, here's a random thought.  Say that you are on a journey to health and fitness - oh look, we are!  How does it make you feel when you see someone who is obviously overweight eat something that is completely unhealthy - like... a KitKat Bar?  OR an entire plate of s'mores?  OR a double quarter pounder meal, large fry and diet coke?

A.) Jealous - because you want one too!
B.) Feel sorry for them and their addiction
C.) Assume they're only indulging just this once, but eat healthy the rest of the day.
D.) Ignore them completely - to each his own
E.) Maybe they're diabetic and need the sugar - does it even work that way?
F.)  Mad at them for eating it in front of you
G.) Maybe it's been a rough day and they just needed some chocolate
H.)  Guilty - because you want one too
I.) Maybe Definitely none of my business and I should stop staring now

I know I'm being a little flip, but I'm a little serious too.  I'm sure people look at me all the time when I'm out on my free day enjoying a big fat cheeseburger.  I probably get judged walking around the grocery store.  So, this is what I do.  I come up with their excuses for them eating the way they are right then.  I know it's silly, but it helps me to NOT go crazy with the eating.

What's weird is I get food pushed on me all the time.  No one tried to get me to go smoke when I was quitting.  So, why do people feel so compelled to shove food in my face when they know I'm trying not to eat a bunch of crap?

Anyway, food for thought...  (Don't worry, it's really delicious, healthy food!)

Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

  1. For me, it's D. or I. Usually I'm the one worrying what other people think. Lol. Occasionally, though, if it's extreme, I feel sorry for them (knowing how hard it is), and that is usually when someone is really, really obese. Or I think how much I don't want to go there and perhaps all it would take was losing my mobility. One time my daughters and I were in Breadwinners having a splurge day (I was on Medifast all the rest of the week), and I saw a woman looking at us with what looked like judgment. I wanted to take up for myself and tell her to mind her own business all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh "Breadwinners" - I've never been there, but it sounds like a great splurge place! I do know what you mean about those looks. But we know the truth and I think that's gotta be worth something.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...