Friday, August 9, 2013

Much better day

Oh my goodness I can't even explain how much better today was than yesterday.  No headaches or anything.  It's so good to feel semi-normal.  Plus the weather lately has been very overcast and cool - in the upper 60s.  I love to walk outside with these temps!  I got in lots of walking today.  Good thing too because after work, guess what I got to do?  Work out? NO!  Instead, I went...

Back-to-School shopping!!! YAY!  Ok, not really "YAY!"  More like "yay."  We went to Penny's, Target, and Kohl's.  We need a couple more shirts, but she's set on jeans, shoes and notebooks (at least until her teachers tell her what she'll really need).

Anyway, I got even more walking in while shopping.  While my daughter was in trying on clothes, I was walking around looking at stuff.  So, the pace wasn't fast, but the feet are telling me we did A LOT.

This weekend is the final weigh-in for DietBet.  I have no idea if I'll make it.  I had this last 7 days to lose 3.6 pounds - that's a lot for me, but I'll sweat out a bunch tomorrow and Sunday and see how it goes.  I'll let you know... (oh and btw, TOM stopped by for a visit - how nice just before a weigh-in, right?)

Random question time:  I feel like I've been left out of the loop on this or maybe missed a news show on the topic, but anyway, I have a question for you all.  When driving your car and stopping at a traffic light, have you noticed that people don't pull up side-by-side anymore?  I mean, it used to be that everyone pulls up to the line.  But no, not anymore.  Folks are stopping 6-10ft back from it.  What's up with that?  I mean I think I get why, but how much further can we draw away from other people?  With our social networks and texting and email, has traffic become another method to keep people at a distance?  Or is it like a safety thing?  I used to live in the south where you started a friendly conversation with the person next to you at the light - or at least a polite nod or wave.  Now?  Nothing.  Seems like a whole new protocol.  Maybe it's just me...

Ok, well, it's late and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open, so I'm off the bed.

HAVE A MOST EXCELLENT WEEKEND!!


2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great weekend! Even though my daughter is starting her senior year in college, she LOVES all the back to school shopping - mostly for pens. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Biz! I think my daughter is all about the pencils this year lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...