Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Swim lessons - CHECK!

I start tomorrow!  I'm looking forward to the learning part, just not the wearing of a swimsuit in public part.  Ah well, some sacrifices are to be made, right?

So, I want to swim like this...
or this...

but I'm afraid I'll look like this
(no offense to Shamu!)

I'm also working out tomorrow because I didn't know I'd be swimming until it was too late to go to the gym today.  I'm hoping I won't be too sore on Thursday, but we'll see.

Here's what I hope to learn by taking these swimming lessons:  how to breathe correctly, stroke technique, and being more efficient.

I can stay afloat and move forward in the water and such, but I'm out of breath after swimming one length in the pool.  That's crazy!

So another goal is to be able to swim continuously for 10, 20 and eventually 30 minutes straight.  That'll be a great workout.

I'm calling it a night early so I can hopefully get some good sleep!

Hope you had a great 11/12/13!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...