Monday, November 11, 2013

Triathlon Trials

Is it crazy to hope for support from friends and family?  Maybe.

I posted on FB a couple days ago asking if anyone was up for a triathlon in Summer 2014.  Know what kind a response I got?  Zilch.  Nada.  Nothing.  Not even a comment of encouragement or even a wee little "like".  Bummer.  Guess I'm going it alone.

I'll post on FB again in a few days and see if maybe 3 people will do it with me - one for each event.  But I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Any suggestions on how to get people to believe they can do it?  I'm not even doing an Olympic or Ironman - it's a Sprint.  I don't get it.

So yeah, welcome to the pity party =.(..

Whatever.  I'm over it.  Moving on.

On the food front, I went a tad overboard today.  It is Veteran's Day and just about every restaurant in town is offering free and yummy food for vets - too good to pass up.  Back to the plan tomorrow.

I did workout today, though not at the gym.  I had a whopper of a headache and took some meds and a nap during what should have been gym time, then when I woke up, I just knew the gym would be packed.  So I stayed home and worked out.

Here's the Month 1 Week 2 Day 1 Workout plan: from BeginnerTriathlete.com

Lift: Back, Biceps and Legs. 2 sets of 10-12 reps for 2 exercises each body part.
Bike:  25-30 minutes indoors.  Work on keeping feet flexed and upper body relaxed.  Keep resistance moderate to heavy.  Try to stay in the saddle.  Do an interval program.  5-minute cool down.
Stretch: 10-15 minutes of FULL BODY stretching.

So, as I just typed that I realized I repeated last week's day one workout because I thought they were the same.  They are close, but not the same.  DOH!!

Here's what I did:

Bike Workout Summary:
Recumbent bike:  25 minutes at Level 7 plus a 5-minute cool down.
Calories, distance, etc. weren't calculated - batteries died in the display.

Strength Training:  (Should've been Back, Biceps & Legs)
Legs
1) Leg Press 12 @ 160 x2
2) Leg Extensions 12 @ 50 x2
3) Front Leg Swings 12 x2
4) Ball Curls 12 x2
5) Adductor/Abductor Bowflex 12 @ 50 x2
6) Calf Raises 12 x2
7) Angled Calf Raises 12 x2

Back
1) Lawn Mower Pulls 12 @ 5 x2
2) Back Raises 12 x2

Abs
1) Crunches 12 x 2
2) Leg Raises 12 x2

I'll throw Biceps into the mix tomorrow.

Stretches:  Full body 10-15 seconds per muscle. Repeat.

Sorry for the downer post folks, just keepin' it real.  Hope everyone had a safe and happy weekend as well as a happy Veterans Day!





2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the lack of encouragement. I wish I could do a tri. I just don't think my physical issues will allow it. Maybe someday.... But you go for it, even if no one is brave enough to do it with you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...