Friday, November 15, 2013

Success Avoiding the Fast Food Temptation

Long ride day - I'm not sure I like Fridays much or at least I'm not looking forward to them.  And I can't tell you how close I was to NOT going to the gym today.  After work, I got home and was researching some stuff online and before I knew it, it was after 5.  I'm usually done with my workouts by 5!  UGGHHHH!

But, I'm so close to my short term goal of getting into "One-derland" that I put on my shoes, grabbed my coat and headed out the door.

I did the full workout I had planned, just later than planned.  Then on the way home I find out that one ingredient planned with dinner has mold on it.  WHAT!?!?  I just bought that.  The temptation was to head straight to a drive-thru for some fast food.  I was tired from my workout, it's late, I'm hungry AND I have to pee.  Sheesh!  But again, I reminded myself of my goals.

Eating this late is bad enough, I don't need to add bad-for-you food on top of that.  So, I detoured to the grocery store, snagged what I needed and then headed home.

Dinner is in the oven as I type... SUCCESS!

Workout was good, just long - the longest yet.  I think I watched half of MiB on the bike.

Here's the plan from BeginnerTriathlete.com

Month 1 Week 2 Day 3 - 1 hr 30 minutes

Lift:  Shoulders, Back & Abs. 2 sets of 10-12 reps for 2 exercises each body part.
Bike:  Longer ride 50-60 minutes. This is an endurance ride. Try to put the resistance higher for a minute here and there (no more than 4 times) and come out of the saddle.  Working on leg power and relaxed upper body.  5 minute cool down.
Stretch:  15-20 minutes of FULL BODY stretching.

Here's what I did...

Bike Workout Summary:

Stationary upright bike on a random hill setting @ LEVEL 9 (moved up another level - by accident, then decided to stay there) for 60 minutes including a 5 minute cool down.  I pushed the resistance up to the max at level 25, stood up as best I could on this particular bike and tried pedaling for about a minute at that level.  That shot my HR up to around 126 each time.  I basically had to drop the seat in order to stand up and pedal, but I couldn't completely stand up as if I were on a real bike.  So I do something like this...

If you don't drop the seat a bit, it comes back and bites you in the butt.
Repeatedly.
 397 Calories, 10.59 miles, climbed 4937 ft., averaged 5:40 min/mile and avg HR 106.

Strength Training (Lift):
Shoulders
1) Shoulder Press 12 @ 30 x2
2) Delts Machine 12 @ 20 x2

Back
1) Free Motion Row 12 @ 50 x2
2) Back Extension 12 @ 100 x2

Abs
1) Crunch Machine 40/40
2) Total Ab Machine 50/50

Stretching:
Full Body 30 seconds per muscle group.

And that's it for Week 2!  I'm hoping for good results on the scale this week, but even if I don't see anything, I know I've been training hard.

Have a spectacular weekend!!




2 comments:

  1. Way to go! You're doing great!!! (I'm catching up on my reading, can you tell?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...