Monday, December 9, 2013

Pizza Balances out Shoveling Snow

No more snow shoveling!!!  Ughhh - I'll be glad when the white stuff quits falling.  This morning was a half hour of a below-FREEZING workout ( I think it was 4 deg F) that I'd rather not do again to be quite honest.

I didn't count it as a workout today.  Though I did count it as permission to have a slice of pizza for lunch!  Along with a big salad, but still, it was good to know I could spare a few extra calories.

Got menu-planning and grocery shopping done, then went to the gym.  I switched up the workouts because we wanted to swim today as well as do the bike.

Here's what I did...
Beginner Triathlete Plan Month 2 Week 2 Day 1 (actually 2 b/c of the switch)

Strength Training:
Shoulders:
Seated Press - 30 lbs x 12, 25 lbs x 12
Delts Machine: 20 lbs x 12 x 2

Chest:
Fly Machine - 40 lbs x 12 x 2
Bench Press Machine - Setting 4 x 12 x 2

Abs:
Crunch Machine - 30 lbs x 12 x 2
Total Ab Machine - 50 lbs x 12 x 2

Bike: 
25 minutes stationary bike including 5-minute cool down on level 7/interval training

135 Calories, 4.1 miles, climbed 1602 ft, avg spd 9.85 mph, avg HR 98.


I'm not sure why my heart rate wouldn't get up there - it felt like a fairly strenuous ride.  I guess I may be reacclimatizing after being at sea level two weeks ago.  It's hard to climb stairs and such again.  Have I mentioned that I dislike altitude. And snow.

Stretching:
10-15 minutes full body stretching

The above workout took approximately 80 minutes

The Beginner Triathlete plan doesn't start incorporating swimming into the workouts until next month and that's cool because what I'm doing at the pool right now wouldn't really be considered a workout anyway.  I'm working on the whole learning process still and I like to practice.

Pool - Used the board to swim a few laps and practice breathing.  Then did the "superman" from Total Immersion (See "Work Less, Swim Better" video below).  That isn't really a workout, so much as brain training.  The superman works to convince the brain that I won't drown if my arms and legs aren't in constant motion.  I need that reassurance.


Well, I'm off to bed.  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...