Friday, December 6, 2013

Shoveling Snow Counts as a Workout

At least I hope it does!

It's been a long day and I'm TIRED.  I got home from work and went straight from the car to shoveling snow.  Just what I wanted to do.  I was out there for maybe 20 minutes before my face went numb - temp was around 5 degrees Fahrenheit - and my back was killin' me!  So as I'm thawing out, I'm thinking about today's workout... and yes, I wanted to chalk up the snow shoveling as the whole workout and just go to bed.

But then I started feeling guilty for skipping the bike because it's the long ride day, so I hopped on figuring I'd do 30 minutes.  I pushed through and made it to 60 minutes on Level 6, did 10 miles and burned 258 calories.  I'm counting the shoveling for strength training though - biceps, triceps and abs were the plan.  I think shoveling worked all that and my back too.

Ok, so on to the important stuff!!  I'm looking registering now for a triathlon this summer.  There are several to chose from... I'm either doing a "sprint" (1/2 mile swim, 10 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run) OR a "super sprint" (1/4 mile swim, 8 mile bike, and 2 mile run).  I'll keep you posted!  If you want to check it out, here's the website I'm looking through for races... Without Limits Productions.  I'm looking at either the TriBella or the Xterra Aspen Valley.  Idk, what do ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...