Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Training Plan

Yes, after two months of using the beginner triathlete website, I have been working through a new and different training plan.  Maybe I should've gone to something more strenuous originally because I found it pretty easy.  I also have to say that, even though I made it through the holidays unscathed for like the first time in forever, I didn't lose much weight doing those particular workouts.  But it served its purpose and the price was right (FREE!!).  Since I probably can't afford my coach for more than a month or so, I'll probably head back to that site and maybe even join.  There are hundreds of workouts that I could compare to my current training and hopefully go on from there.

Speaking of current training, here's what I've done so far this week:

Monday: Swim 30 minutes and full body strength training - total time 1:15
Tuesday: 20 min bike / 20 min treadmill - total time 40 min
Wednesday:  Was supposed to swim 30 minutes, but I didn't make it to the gym
Thursday: 45 min treadmill and full body strength training - total time 1:30

Tomorrow is 30 swim and 30 min bike
Saturday will be 45 min bike and 15 min treadmill

With these workouts, I'm feeling a lot stronger.  I'm not sure about what the scale is doing, but I'll let you know.  Short term goal is to get under 200.

In the meantime, countdown to the June 28 TriBella Sprint has begun.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...