Tuesday, September 16, 2014

DietBet Progress check

I am currently participating in two DietBet challenges.  These are a lot of fun!  Support and motivation 24-7.  I can read comments from people who struggle with the same stuff I do and folks who push through the crap and just do it, and those who encourage and inspire.  Awesome stuff!

dietbet www.dietbetter.com
"Get Pumped and Lose Big with Bruce" $64, 560 in the pot with 2,152 players and 6,102 pounds lost so far.  My personal progress graph has me at 56% of my goal.  This DietBet ends on Oct 1st.

"Lose Weight, Win Money with Fitness Magazine!" $86,730 in the pot with 2,891 players and 4,463 pounds lost so far.  My personal progress graph has me at 26% of goal.  This DietBet ends on Oct 7th.

Had to work late today, so I was able to go in a bit later.  The plan was to get up at my normal time and workout.  Uh… yeah, that didn't happen.  My bed was way too comfortable - I don't know why I kid myself into thinking I'll get up early if I don't have to - it's just not gonna happen.

Going in late though, messes with my food schedule.  I don't really follow a strict schedule per se, more like a habit - arrive at work, do this, check that and work on this real quick and then eat.  So if I shift my hours, I arrive at work, do this, check that, that over there, get caught up on this other thing and before I know it, it's 9am!  I'm not a happy person at that point.  Anyway, that's what happened again today.  I got most of the plan accomplished though!

FITNESS:
Walked 30 minutes 
Total steps 8032
Squat Challenge Day 18
Insanity Day 6

FOOD:
B:  Cheerios w/2% milk & oranges
L:  Leftovers
S:  Triscuits w/ Laughing Cow wedge
D:  Skillet Tostadas <<<<<See recipe

Started checking out Carb-Cycling again.  I haven't committed completely to doing it yet - just checking it out again since so many folks on the DietBet are talking about it.  Bruce lost all his weight using Chris Powell's Carb Cycling Plan.  And in case you haven't seen it yet - Extreme Makeover Weightloss edition is on Hulu (free) and also on ABC's website <<<<Click here to see Bruce's weight loss journey - he rocks!  In the past, I've found the carb-cycling to be a bit confusing, plus I've always avoided "low carb" programs because I LOVE CARBS!!!!  So, after reading more on it, I'm working on a menu for next week to see if I can do it.  I'll share as soon as it's complete and I have a better grasp on the whole thing.

'Til then, I'm off to catch up with my pillow in dreamland. G'Nite!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...