Thursday, May 23, 2013

Good news or bad news first?

Bad news first?  Okay...

Setbacks for today:

-Didn't make the water goal <again>
-Didn't meet the step goal  (In a classroom environment for two days - very little steppin')
-Didn't stick to the food plan =(

Now for the good news?

Victories for today:

-Drank around 70 ounces of water today!!! Only 10 more to go - yay!!!

-Knew I wasn't going to make the 8K steps, so I did 20 minutes on the treadmill at 2.8mph instead of 2.5.  Woo-hooooo!!  Granted it was 9pm when I did it, but woo-hoooo!!

-Food deviated at lunchtime and almost dinnertime.  This one requires explanation... The building I was in today celebrated Memorial Day by providing everyone free lunch.  It wasn't just any ol' lunch though.  No, they brought in one of my absolute favorites - Bird Dog BBQ.  Now if you're from the Springs, you know that's some GOOD BBQ!  And of course, I couldn't be rude and turn it down for my measly ham sandwich right?  So I had a small (fit in the palm-of-your-hand size) pulled-pork sandwich, with about a tablespoon of BBQ sauce, a couple tablespoons each of beans and potato salad, and the smallest piece of chocolate brownie I could find.  Seriously, it was like 1x1 inch!  Finally, I get to the cooler of ice-covered beverages, and the bane of my existence is lying in wait... Mountain Dew!!!! NOOOOO!!!  I'm in a class and I know I'm going to be soooooo sleepy after eating and I just know there's going to be a video!!  BUT!!  I grabbed a water instead.  AND!! I did not go back for seconds even though I really really wanted to!  VICTORY!!!

I came home from work all down on myself for all the failures setbacks though.  Then to top it off, my kitchen was a disaster and for some reason did NOT clean itself while I was at work today.  I was so close to just throwing in the towel and going out to eat.  Nope, didn't do it.  But you should've heard the little voice in my head!  It was like, "Look, it's not that big a deal, just go to Subway like Jared, it'll be fine."  But then there's the temptation of chips (I like Doritos - a lot) and sugary drinks - definitely addicted to those, so I opted out.  Got some teen help in the kitchen and by 7 we had clean and clear counter space by which to cook dinner.

So, very cool - turning all those disappointments around really made my day turn out better.

Have you ever had one of those days where it seems like you just keep getting smashed down?  They don't happen very often for me, but when they do, it stinks.  What do you do to pick yourself up again? Gym?  Yoga?  Quiet time?  Reading?  Deep breathing exercises?  What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...