Wednesday, May 29, 2013

One out of Three?

Well, one out of three ain't bad, right?

Water goal met?  Nope
Training goal met?  Nope
Ate healthy foods? YES!!!!

I guess it was just one of those days.  Wednesday is usually a busy day for me and I typically get lots of steps, but today was extremely very busy.  On top of that, my knee was hurting all day long.  Ice and motrin were definitely in order when I got home.  So, needless to say, I didn't do the treadmill today.  I'm going to shoot for the 8K step goal tomorrow though and not feel all guilty and sulk for not meeting these goals today.

Sticking to the food plan was tough because Wednesday seems to be doughnut day at work.  And as a sugar addict, I always want one soooooo badly.  Today was no exception.  Even when they were just a desk away, tempting me with all that sugary evilness, I just kept telling myself no.  Maybe someday after I've met all my goals, or maybe as a treat down the road, but not today.  I don't want to sabotage any progress I've made.  Those 300 or so calories can be used elsewhere - like two whole other snacks!  So, yes, I stuck really well with the food side of things today.

I think it's more important at this point - only one week into this journey - to really focus on staying motivated and positive about every success.  If we're always focusing on areas where we don't succeed, then it's easy to derail.  Even in those challenges, we don't have to come down so hard on ourselves - just strive to do better next time.

Are you pushing through a challenge this week?  Do you tend to hear positive or negative thoughts  running around in your head when things don't work out the way you plan?

Next up, tomorrow, I'm going over some of the weight loss programs I've tried/heard of in the past.  Even though I may not have been successful using all of them, I learned something from each one.  There are thousands of programs out there!  Have you tried any or know anyone who has?  What was the best and worst thing about it?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...