Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Days like this...


Actually, I had a pretty good day today.  I was busy at work, but not so busy that I couldn't get up and walk a couple times - so the day went by pretty fast.

MORE ACTIVITY?
I think my body is starting to get use to the additional activity.  Don't get me wrong, my knees still ache every single day and my ankles swell up with that - oh what's it called?  Oh yeah "pitting edema."  It really grosses my daughter out when I push in on my swollen ankle and the dimple just stays there - hehehe.  Ok, maybe it is a little gross.  But my point is that even though I still have some aches and pains, I'm enjoying being a bit more active - in fact I miss it when I don't have the time.  I'm actually thinking that someday I might be able to run again and... wait for it... LIKE IT!!! What?!?  Wait!  Quick!  Someone write down the date!!!  Remember this post because it will happen - I don't know when, but it will happen!!

GOALS  MET
Today my eating was very good, water intake was outstanding and I met my Nike FuelBand goal about an hour ago (around 8pm).  That means all goals were met today!  YES!!! 

FUELBAND COOLNESS
I've gotta mention yesterday though... the FuelBand gives you "fuel" points for the activity done while wearing the band.  Yesterday, not only did I meet my daily fuel point goal of 2500, I met it at 4pm!!  How cool is that?  Then, on top of that, the FuelBand app gives these "awards" for meeting certain milestones and yesterday I got the "Best Day Ever" award with 3,636 points - woot!  This thing is really motivating me to move more - even at my desk.  

Now, I'm actually going to bed earlier than normal - woohoooo more sleep!!!  See?  It's days like this that keep me motivated to push through those not-so-motivating days.  

What do you do when you're not feeling the urge to keep going on the whole fitness thing?  It use to take me out - completely.  I'd pretty much give up for a week, a month or even more before I get so disgusted with being disgusted that I start all over again.  My goal on this journey is to avoid that altogether.  There is something to be said about this accountability thing that goes along with blogging...

Well, have a great hump day tomorrow!!  

P.S. Oh yay, I just realized tomorrow is donut Wednesday.  Nope - no donuts.  I do not like donuts anymore.  No thank you, I'm trying to avoid foods like that.  <<< my list of ammo when/if I'm offered the fat pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...