Monday, June 24, 2013

Fitting in $avings w/ NO GAIN!!

Well, no surprise this week - no loss =(  Boooooooo...

BUT the good news is that I didn't gain either - YAY!!  I went pretty much inactive since Thursday night all the way until today, so maintaining the same weight this week is OUTSTANDING!!!!   I was trying so hard not to sweat LOL!!

Today was lots of fun though.  Started off at Starbucks with a Turkey Bacon & cheese English muffin and free cup of coffee (from saving the bag that the ground coffee comes in) and then went geocaching with my friend Donna (thanks Donna!!).  I think we walked around 1-1.5 miles - I forgot to turn on "Map My Walk" app so I don't know for sure. When we were finished I had around 2500 steps, so I'm guessing it was closer to a mile.  We found 4 caches out of 5 - LOTS of FUN!!

Next I came home and cleaned up my garage a bit.  Then went on a quick bike ride (just around the block) to see if I could apply the gear theory I talked about in this post.  I definitely need practice, but the theory is sound.  I'm having the hardest time remembering which shifter (thumb or index) I push/pull to switch the rear gears.  So until I get all that down, I'm putting the chain in the middle sprocket so I don't stretch it by going the wrong way.  For now I'll just work on learning the front.


Here's a pic of the kind of shifter i have now - I kinda miss my old Trek with the grip shifters (they had numbers).  But this bike is nice too.  The problem I had with grip shifters was I would inadvertently change gears when repositioning my hands.  No problems with these shifters, but I gotta remember (find out?) what the red indicators reference exactly... (123? 321? idk)

After the garage and short bike ride, I did some more chores and then headed off for grocery shopping. I had checked the menu and made my list last night, so I was all ready.  Even clipped a few coupons.  Oh, that reminds me - during my "inactivity" of last week, I made up a "coupon mat" so sorting coupons is easier/faster.  And I picked up a coupon organizer for less than $1 so, no more envelopes and binders for me!! I now have all the coupons with me in a sweet color-coded little accordion file.  Oh, I haven't mentioned what a geek I am?  Sorry =D....  But here's a pic of my masterpiece (idea from Couponizer)>>>

No worries though, I'm not an EXTREME Couponer.  I just clip what I know I will use from the Sunday paper and check out sales at the store where I shop.  Today, I saved $22 and the total bill was $73 - not too bad.  If I can stock up on a bargain, then I do.  AND I'm a firm believer that you can NEVER ever have too much toilet paper!!  That's why I had to clean up the garage today - to make room for the TP - jk!!

When I first started clipping coupons, I found it difficult to shop for healthy foods.  It seemed like most of the coupons were for junk food - NOT good for someone who is also trying to lose weight, right?  So, I resigned myself to only clipping coupons for paper products, cleaning supplies, and foods that I know are healthy and that I will absolutely use.  It's been working great so far!

Do you clip coupons?  Have you noticed how there seems to be an abundance of junk food coupons?  What's the deal??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...