Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Got that Bike gear thing figured out!

YES!! I love the internet - anything you want to know can be found!  Check out Bicycle Network for a really cool intro to gears... and a lot of other awesome bike info.  But if you don't feel like clicking the link, check out the pic below (from a fellow blogger) and I'll summarize by saying

1) The big gear on the front, paired with the smaller gears on the back would be for downhills and fast paces (aka "high gear")

2) The middle gear on the front paired with middle gears on the back are your avg riding gears;

3) and the smallest gear on the front paired with the largest ones on the back is used for climbing hills (aka "low gear")

There is a lot of variance in all that, but you can probably picture the general idea, right?  I'm sure lots of folks out there just understand it right from the beginning, but I was not one of those people.  But now, I can't wait to put it all into practice!!


Meeting Goals:

Today was a fairly good day.  I ate according to my plan, drank more water than usual and will probably (hopefully) make around 8K steps today - it's 6pm now (Blogging early = Going to bed on time!).

On the training side lately, or at least since getting the Nike FuelBand, I've been going for fuel points instead of the 10,000 steps.  It seems I typically don't have time to get in that number of steps each day. Also, 8,000 steps seem more reasonable.  I don't want to set unattainable goals for myself, although I still try for 10,000 - I think I've only done it a couple of times.  Fuel points are easier - the band just measures my activity throughout my day.  Right now my goal is set for 2500 - I usually have to walk around a bit in the evenings to reach 2500.  As I get more active, I can raise the goal OR vice versa!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...