Friday, July 26, 2013

Setbacks and Successes

So, today was one of those chained-to-the-desk days at work where you're lucky to get a bathroom break.  I managed to get less than 5000 steps today - no, that is not a victory.  My daily goal is 8,000 steps, so you see what I mean about chained-to-the-desk, right?  Oh but it doesn't stop there, nooooo.

When I got home from work, I had planned to do my resistance training that was postponed from yesterday.  Well, what I didn't take into consideration was how long dinner prep was going to take.  Dinner, by the way, turned out awesome, but did indeed take all my time.  I ended up getting in a short one-exercise-per-muscle-group workout after dinner.

While I'm on the subject of failures setbacks, I will also mention I tried on some of the smaller sizes of jeans hanging in my closet only to find I cannot yet wear them comfortably.  Some are altogether too small, while others are "buttonable," but uncomfortably so.

Ok, so I'm not going to wallow in my setbacks, I'm going to find some successes here somewhere....

1) I took the stairs this week - a lot.  Four flights at a time.  I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but at the altitude here, it actually is.  (I see athletes climbing these stairs who are out of breath at the top.)

2) I started parking in a spot at work that's at least twice the distance from where I used to park.

3) I drank more water this week than I did last week - yeah "weak" I know...

That's all I can think of now.  So, how have you been doing this week?  What are your successes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...