Monday, July 22, 2013

It's a Hungry Weigh-in

Woo-hoooo!  Down 3 pounds last week and lookin' forward to this week!!  This past week has been odd - I don't know why, but I was more hungry than usual.  I'm eating good portion sizes, with healthy snacking between meals, but for whatever reason, I'm hungry.  Usually everyday around the same time - 3-4pm.  That's not good because if I don't really want to cook (which I rarely ever really want to) that could lead to "my irritable hunger" which can trigger me to just saying to heck with dinner and then eat out.  I don't want to eat out, ok, well, maybe sometimes I do.  But eating out would be counter-productive at this point, so I just can't do it!

Updated Menu
Next up, there's an updated menu plan for this week. It's "Week 2" on the Meal Plans page and includes a couple of recipe links.  I'm enjoying trying different recipes (especially when they're quick and easy!).  I find that my teen will at least try everything I cook - she's still a picky eater (as am I), but at least she tries stuff.  Huge step in the right direction! HUGE!!

Free Day
For the past several weeks, I've been paying attention to how I feel on my free days.  Now keep in mind that I eat whatever I've been craving all week and sometimes, it's excessive.  Anyway, I've noticed heartburn, nausea and a general lousy feeling on these free days.  Am I going to stop?  NO!  I'm just making a mental note that I feel like crap when I eat crap - and not due to some kind of weight loss guilt either.  I literally feel bad - physically.  Yuck.  Noted.  Moving on...

Thank You!
Big thanks to Sheryl for writing about another blog - 300 pounds down.  I was checking it out the other day and read the post from July 10th.  Without spoiling the amazing story, I'll just say I had the same problem Holly did minus the time and abuse.  Six weeks after having my son, I was hospitalized.  But what was truly serendipitous was in the comment section of the same post - someone named "Faith" said she also had this procedure and even so many years later still has "phantom pains".  I almost cried out when I read that!!  I've had these inexplicable mind-blowing abdominal/chest/back slicing-me-in-half pains a few times a year for over a decade and I had no idea what it was.  After some research, I now know what it is and it won't be near as frightening next time and I'll be able to just hang on knowing it'll pass.  And before any of my friends yell at me for not going to the doctor, this pain goes away after a half hour to an hour so by the time I could get to the doctor, they would have nothing to diagnose.  I've mentioned the pains before and they've been dismissed as indigestion.  But know I know exactly what it is medically and even what to do to calm it faster.  So all I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH Sheryl and Holly!!!!

Lots of stuff going on...

Posted pictures on the "Pictures" page

and created my

New FaceBook page!!

and finally...

I typed up a sortable shopping list for every ingredient in this week's meal plan.  It's an Excel spreadsheet.  If you'd like a copy, just email me and I'll send it to you.  I know, I'm such a dork for making a sortable grocery list, but what can I say?  =P

Have a great week everyone!  Just keep moving!!

And now I leave you with a picture I took the other day - can you see the "smiley face" in the clouds?  HINT:  It's just shy of the center of the pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...