Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dentist Hater =/

Yep, that's me.  Sorry to all you dental people out there, but I can't recall a single pleasant trip to the dental office.  But good dental health is a part of overall health, so today, after a 4 year hiatus, a requested an appointment.  Ugggghh!  I can't even describe the feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think about being in that chair.  It's why pulling teeth works as form of torture.  Childbirth and a severe gall bladder attack/surgery didn't hold a candle to the excruciating pain of a simple cleaning - let alone a filling.  So, what did I do?  I just didn't go.  Anyone else feel this way about the dentist?


Well, today I learned about Sedation Dentistry.  I was like WHAT?!?  No way.  Apparently YES way!  Hopefully, I'll have more info soon.  My only concern is driving - I'm a single mom - which means I'll have to ask a friend to help me in getting home.  I find it hard to ask for help with that kind of stuff - it's the stoic-single-parent-can-do-it-all-by-herself syndrome.  Actually though, that's not my only concern.  My biggest concern is if it will actually be a pain-free experience.  We'll see.

As for my second day on WW, I think I did great!  Here's what it looked like...

Today's menu:
Breakfast:     7 points
Bran Flakes w/ 1/2 banana
2% milk
2 Clementine oranges

Snack:     4 points
Jerky

Lunch:     7 points
Turkey Sandwich on wheat w/lite mayo
Handful of pretzel sticks
Lg handful of baby carrots

Snack:     0 points
1 cup fresh pineapple

Dinner:     13 points
Whole Wheat Spaghetti (No sauce - just A touch of EVOO, pepper and a sprinkle of parm)
4 sm meatballs
Salad, mixed greens w/Raspberry vinaigrette dressing

POINT TOTAL:  31
Points allowed:  31

Activity:
Work out on stationary bike 30 minutes:  earned 3 points YAY!!

Ok, that's it for me.  I'm off to bed at a decent hour for a change.  G'nite!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad - I haven't been to the dentist in (10 years!) BUT I floss like a mother f_cker and brush my teeth for 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes before going to bed - I have an electric toothbrush that tells me how long I've been brushing - after 2 minutes it gives me a smiley face!

    Great job on the food for Day 2 of WW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 10 years wow! I brush every day but I only floss after eating stuff like corn on the cob and popcorn. I'm destined to receive the flossing lecture. I wanna smiley face toothbrush. =D How cool!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...