Thursday, October 3, 2013

Short-Post Thursday - Spaghetti Squash?

I can see there will have to be some adjustments to my menus while doing Weight Watchers.  I went over points today by 7.  I do know why though.  I had leftovers for lunch today and typically those points are a bit higher than breakfast or a non-leftover lunch.  It's all good.  I'm just going to have learn the point system and pair up low point meals with the higher ones.

So, did I workout today?  Nope, but I did walk more at work today than I have been.  I'll throw in an extra bit of cardio tomorrow to make up some of those points from today - add my normal workout for tomorrow and I should be g2g.

Here's a random question.  Do you like squash?  Spaghetti squash in particular.  I've never tried it, and as a kid I absolutely hated that boiled mush of a yellow squash - it literally made me gag.  But now that I'm all growed up, I figure I oughta give it another shot (aaaaand I just cringed a little typing that).  Still, I do want to try it.  The old me would just fry it in some butter until crisp (and speaking of crisp - add bacon - 'cause everything's better with bacon).  However, the new healthier-minded me thinks frying might not be the best approach.  I was thinking about trying this recipe and I guess I'm wondering how much spaghetti squash tastes like yellow squash?  Anyway, I know I don't have to like ALL veggies - I'm just trying to broaden my horizons. 

I found this video on how to prepare/cook it... (sorry 'bout the ad - no control over that.)


Well, it's late and I'm off to bed trying for 7-8 hrs sleep.

P.S.  I just realized this is my 100th post.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...