Thursday, October 24, 2013

WW Simply Filling Technique

Has anyone checked this out?  I was perusing the WW website the other day and noticed this.  I was curious, so I did some reading.  Not sure if it's for me yet.

Simply Filling

It's for those days when you don't want to track your food.  To follow this technique, you eat from a list of "Power Foods" and don't track any of it and have a couple teaspoons of oil that don't get tracked as well.  You eat portions that work for you - not too much, not too little.

Power Foods include:

  • All fresh, frozen or canned fruits (with no added sugar)
  • Most fresh, frozen or canned veggies (with no added sugar)
  • Whole grains
  • Non-fat dairy and dairy subs
  • Lean Proteins (no processed meats, fish packed in oil, or meats with breading)
  • And some other misc foods
NOTE:  The site lists many foods under each of those categories, I just listed the headings.

It sounds like plain ol' healthy eating to me.  The thing is, this technique can be used for a day, a week, a month or ever how long you want.  The nice thing is that you still get weekly points to splurge if needed, which of course gets tracked.  

The only thing that holds me back here is the sugar, or lack thereof.  I heart sugar.  Me and sugar go way back.  Our relationship is tight. 

Ok, yes, I'm addicted to sugar.   Ah sugar......

I'd like to say that I don't have that much, but when trying to lose the pounds even a little is probably too much.  The predominant areas that sugar resides are in my mornings.  I put sugar (or sugary creamer) in my coffee and I put it on my cereal.  Maybe 3 teaspoons total per morning.  I don't consciously put it in/on anything else.  

Oh wait, no, I take that back.  I put it in my tea.  I'm a sweet tea junkie.  I used to drink 2 quarts a day.  Now, I'm down to about 8 ounces in the evenings (decaf).

When I think of sugar I see this...
But I hear this!














It's difficult getting past sugar for me.  The artificial stuff tastes soooooo bad.  I've spent so much $$ on even the "natural" sugar substitutes like NuNaturals (non-bitter), to no avail.  I've gotten away from sodas, monsters and pre-made ice coffees for the most part.  I've tried the sugar-free and diet stuff, but nothing tastes the way I think it should without the white stuff.  When baking, there's a whole slew of yummy subs - honey, maple syrup, agave.  Those I like.  I wonder though, if these have the same effect on your body as the white stuff.  Hmmm, another topic to peruse...

Anybody else dealing with letting go of sugar?  Suggestions for someone who can't do the artificial?  Tips and tricks are much appreciated.

Well, that's it for tonight!  I've been dragging all week long.  I need some pep in my step.  Hopefully tomorrow brings it!  Take care all and g'nite!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...