Thursday, November 21, 2013

Total Immersion?

I keep seeing this "Total Immersion" thing everywhere I look online.  While searching for triathlon training books, the Beginner Triathlon website, it's at every turn.  It even came up as recommended on my Amazon account.  So, I thought I'd check it out.

First, what is "Total Immersion"?  In case you haven't heard of it either, it is "The Revolutionary Way to Swim Better, Faster and Easier."  Cool, right?

Next, I subscribed to their website and now I get emails that, well honestly, don't make a whole lot of sense to me.

But hey, I'm not schooled in this so I'm willing to learn.

Then I went to good ol' Youtube and sure enough, there's lots and lots of FREE videos on this swimming technique.

I also checked out the FREE preview of the book by Terry Laughlin on Amazon.

So far, I think this is ultimately a technique that I want to learn.

Here's a quote I thought was funny:

"Virtually everyone's first swimming attempt is a near-death experience, with a real prospect of drowning if you're not successful... Traditional swimming teaches you to not drown rather than to emulate what works so well for fish."

Ok, interesting.

In one of the videos I watched, called Total Immersion Perpetual Motion Freestyle, this picture was shown as an example of making your body torpedo-like in the water.


If I swam like that, I'd be thrilled beyond words!!  So, I'll check this out more and get back to you.  Unless of course, you've already checked it out.  If you have, please tell me if it's worth the time/money to try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...