Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bountiful Baskets

Yesterday, I mentioned fruit and vegetable availability at CoOps.  I just recently learned of one in my area and I'm thinking about participating.  Problem is, you don't know what you're going to get before you order.  I can handle pretty much any fruit, but veggies?  I have a tough time with those.  How am I going to cook them?  How will I store them?  Will my family even eat them?  I guess we'll just figure it out.  Best case, I learn some new recipes - worst case, my friends have a few extra veggies on their plates.  Even that's not bad.  Good news is I don't have to shop for produce; bad news is I don't get to shop for produce.  Honestly, I'm thankful to even be able to participate in a CoOp.  If you're interested, check out Bountiful Baskets and see if they're in your area, or search for a "CoOp" in your area.  It's a great way to support our farmers.  They get more profit by participating and we get lower prices and an abundance of healthy foods - win-win!!

On to today... I'm starting to sound like a broken record with the whole "I was so busy at work" thing, but it's true!! I got to the bathroom once today and didn't get lunch until very late.  Needless to say, I didn't make 10,000 steps, nor did I get enough water and being hungry for an extended period isn't good for weight loss nor those around me when the hunger monster rears its ugly head!  I will make an effort to do better tomorrow.  Ah forget *effort* - I WILL do better tomorrow!!

Finally, praying for all those affected by the fire that started today in Black Forest, CO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...