Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It must be the busy season...

Ever since I started this blog, or at least the last couple weeks, I haven't been able to meet my daily goals at work with the exception of a couple days here and there.  I don't get it.  Is this one of those life lessons where you plan something and Murphy steps in and derails your plans?  Well, I'm not going to beat myself up over something which I have no control.  If it's busy at work it's busy - nothing I can do but enjoy the day speeding by and get a good night sleep.  Today, I did meet my water goal and my food goal, so I don't know what I'm complaining about and I managed around 6,000 steps even without the treadmill.  (Note this semi-positive spin I'm trying to do here?)

Anyway, I'm not trying to meet all my goals while at work, but it'd be a lot easier to have most of my water intake done before I get home in the afternoons.  It's nice to eat according to a plan throughout my day.  And it's nice to get away from the desk and walk around a bit.  Guess I just need a contingency plan for busy days.  Thoughts?  Ideas?  Suggestions?

Ok, new topic/no transition - I'm thinking about icing my knees.  I don't know if it will help, but they're sooooo stiff and sore!!  Some anti-inflammatories would probably help as well.  I know the doc will just tell me I'm getting old, but this is ridiculous!!

Finally, let's end all this whining on a positive note!!! Tomorrow is a new day.  What are some ways to succeed in drinking more water at work and get more steps?

-Park further away from the door
-Walk faster
-Bring ice to work to crunch on (though my desk neighbors may not appreciate it)
-Drinking more water = going to the bathroom more = losing weight = getting more steps with more trips to the bathroom = losing even more weight (I LIKE THAT ONE!)
-What else?
-Anything?
-No really?
-ECHO, Echo, echo...
-HELLO, Hello, hello, ello, lo
-Yes, it's getting late 

P.S.  Today was donut day at work again - VICTORY!!!! I didn't have one - yessssssssssah.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...