Thursday, July 11, 2013

Motivations for Staying on Track

What motivates us to stay on this incredible journey?  I say "incredible" because sometimes it is incredibly rewarding and other times it is incredibly difficult.  So if the difficult times outnumber the rewarding times, how do we get that focus back inline with our goals?  Or I guess, more importantly, what causes us to give up?

Stay on Track!
This weight loss thing is the only thing I've ever quit doing even though I was somewhat successful.  Of course, when I quit I wasn't successful - instead, I would binge eat and feel guilty or not go to the gym, and feel guilty.  I found excuses for not taking that time for myself to get in shape.  Why?  My goal was to get healthy!!  

When my goal was to get a degree, I went to school and took class after class until I earned the diploma.  When my goal was to earn an "A", I did.  When my goal was to get a job, I did that too.  Saving money?  Sure.  Learn a new skill?  No problem!  Then WHY is it so freakishly difficult to stay on track with eating healthy and exercising?  I'm CHOOSING to carefully watch what I eat.  I'm CHOOSING to exercise and push my body to new limits.  Then why do I CHOOSE to eat out when I KNOW there are way more calories in those meals than in the ones I make at home?  

Well, yes, laziness is definitely a factor here.  Plus, I don't really like to cook.  I'm a picky eater.  I like fast food.  Change is hard.  Not a lot of time.  This hurts!  There...  I think I listed every excuse I've ever used.  What are yours?  Maybe if we get all those excuses out there, we can help each other when they rear their ugly little heads again someday.  And they will, we can count on it.  You know it.  I know it.

Ok, that's enough of that.  On to the good news - I made it another day on this journey.  Woot!  Ate well but didn't drink enough water.  Here's the really cool thing though - I made it through my entire workout!!  I did a 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill @ 3.0mph, then did my resistance training (even wrote down everything), and finally did cool down stretching.  I'm really bad about stretching - especially when I'm hungry and still need to cook dinner, like I was today.  But it all worked out... me and dinner =p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...