Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Successes and Challenges

Successes:  Today, I ate well, drank water, put in 30 min on the treadmill!!  Also, refused donuts even though they were offered several times.

That's 8 weeks straight of no donuts.  It may not seem like a big deal, but it's decisions like these that will help me beat other temptations.  Like today, for example, I went to Sonic.  Now, I know what you're thinking - but no, I went there for ice.  I LOVE Sonic ice and they are so kind to sell it by the bag.  The temptation though was that I was hungry and dinner was probably an hour away.  I wanted a corn dog.  But no!!  I was looking forward to tonight's dinner and I have eaten out enough this week.  My point is, if I hadn't been practicing my willpower on donuts, then I might have caved on the corn dog.  I don't know if that makes sense, but it seems to be working for the most part.

Challenges:  Eating out and getting enough sleep.  I was so busy at the beginning of the week that for lunch and a couple dinners I found it easier to just go out to eat.  That does not line up with my goals!

Why oh why do we allow ourselves to get derailed and what prompts us to get back on track?  I think the answer is different for everyone.  For me, I get off track when I'm not focusing on the goal.  And what gets me back on track real quick is to see a picture of myself.  UGGHHH!!  It's a slap in the face, a wake-up call.  (And isn't weird how looking at a picture is more "real" than looking in the mirror?)

So, if I want to stay focused on the goal, how do I do that?  Remind myself of the goal constantly, so that it is never far from my mind.  How?  I've an idea, but I don't know if it will work.  What do you think?  What would keep you focused on a goal?

And if I want to stay on track, do I pin up fat pics of me everywhere?  No, I think that'll just lead to depression - no really, it would.  Any suggestions on that one?

Well, I'm off to bed to ponder those thoughts.  Please feel free to share yours... (uh, thoughts not beds ;p)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...