Friday, July 12, 2013

I accepted the challenge!

Another challenge, what?!?  This one is with DietBet.com - 4 weeks lose 4%.  I love challenges.  The accountability is great.  The encouragement from others is awesome.  I enjoy encouraging others too.  I also think being able to win money AND lose weight is a fantastic combo!!  It's like win-win-win-w... well you get the point.  I'm still doing the WeighLossWars challenge as well which will continue past the DietBet timeframe.  WLW dates are Jun 29-Sep 28 and DietBet dates are Jul 13-Aug10.

I realize that the whole point of this journey is to eventually get to the point where I no longer need to lose weight and just need to maintain it.  In doing so, I must present myself with a completely viable plan to do the "healthy" thing long term.  The accountability I gain from these challenges simply keeps me on track - it is not a long term fix.  But I've got to say this, so far, I can totally see me doing exactly what I'm doing now.  Planning meals in advance and exercising.  Fail to plan - plan to fail, right?

Speaking of plan, so far so good this week.  I'm not sure if I'll make those 2500 points today - it was crazy busy at work today and we were understaffed.  I got away from the desk a couple times, but only for bathroom breaks and to open a locked door for someone.  I did, however, get my cardio done - 30 minutes @ 3.0mph.  I even bumped up the incline from 0 to 2.  I was surprised at the difference it made.  It was more effort, but not so much that I couldn't do it.  Whereas if I bump up the speed, it wears me out very quickly.  After the cardio, I did my cool down stretches.  I had eaten dinner about an hour before exercising, so I was in no shape to do core exercises.  I'm not sure how to work those in since I do most of my training around dinner time.  I suppose I could break the training down into sections, before and after dinner.  I'll have to work on that one...

Well, that's all for now.  I'll leave you with this sunrise pic I took this morning.  I thought it looked like a watercolor painting.  Have a wonderful weekend!






2 comments:

  1. So happy you decided to join DietBet Kris! Here's to a great Day 2!

    That sunset picture is stunning - you can't have too many pics like that in my book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Biz! I'm looking forward to it. And I totally agree on the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...