Monday, July 15, 2013

Ok, seriously? Who thought of this?!?

So there I was, mindin' my own, shopping at the grocery store and I see this...

Girl Scout Coffee Creamer!!!!
I call foul.

SATURDAY: 
Got over 8000 steps for the day, ate ok, drank about 100oz of water.  TOM showed up early (how rude!) and threw off my weigh-in.  I was 1 pound up from last week - ugh!!

SUNDAY:
Day off.  Went to church, then to the movies (and yes I had butter on my popcorn!).  We saw The Lone Ranger.  It was ok, but we got there right as the previews started and ended up in the front stinkin' row.  Ohhhhh my neck we hurting!!

TODAY:
It rained this morning, so no geocaching today.  I'm planning on taking the pups for a walk after I finish this post just to get some movement in today.  

Today has been mildly productive so far.  I updated my meal plan for this week because I decided to change it up a bit.  Next was grocery list making/coupon planning.  After all that I was hungry, so we headed to Jimmy Johns for lunch.  (That's almost a tradition now.)  After JJ's, we went grocery shopping - all set for the week now.  Cleaned out the refrigerator this afternoon to make room for all the fruits and veggies.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but I quit smoking back in October 2011.  I'd been smoking off and on since I was 16.  I had quit 3 times before, once for each of my pregnancies in my 20s and once for me in my 30s.  During the pregnancies, it was easy to quit because the smoking affected someone other than me.  The third time, I used patches and pills.  That time lasted about 6 months until a stressful situation made me just say to heck with it and I started up again.  Finally, in 2011, someone told me about a book that helped a family member quit.  I kind of laughed.  A book?  Really?  To get over an addiction?  Well, it took about 3 months, but I finally read that book and guess what?  It worked.  I quit.  The book was Allen Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking".  I read the book and a couple days later, I quit.  It was that easy.  Well,  not really "easy" but still doable.

I bring up that book because Allen Carr wrote a bunch of "Easy Way" books.  One of which is "Lose Weight Now - The Easy Way".  I've been considering buying it for some time now and finally did yesterday.  It's less than $5 on the Kindle so I'm not losing a lot if it turns out to be a dud.  Anyway, I'll give a full review later and reserve judgment until after I've read the entire book, but so far, it's an interesting read.  I think I'm about halfway through it.  I know what you're thinking.  At least I know what I would be thinking if someone told me about an "easy way" to lose weight.  I would say, it takes hard work and dedication to lose those extra pounds - there's nothing easy about it.  But without giving too much of a review at this point, I think he's talking about a paradigm shift rather than a diet.  If we change the way we think about food, then I think it would be possible and perhaps even "easy" to make healthy food choices.  I'm still wary of that "easy" part though - just sayin'...

Ok, I'm off to walk my dogs!  Hope you had a great weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...