Friday, September 6, 2013

Exercising While Injured

In the past, I'd always shied away from exercise while recovering from an injury, but today, I decided to just do it!!

I hopped on the recumbent bike and guess what happened... The recumbent bike did NOT hurt or strain my calf muscle at all!!  I biked for 30 minutes and even went up a couple notches on the resistance.  Today, I stayed off my feet all day.  I don't know if it was the best thing to do, but the pain and stiffness in my calf has subsided greatly.  Hopefully, as I continue to baby this thing, it'll be better be completely healed in a couple weeks.  Today's workout stats:  30 minutes/4.5 miles.

I did a bit more research and I think I'd call this a Grade 1 Calf strain.  Here's one of the articles I read...  "Dealing with Calf Strains"

I'm going to be cutting back on my portion sizes while I recover from this since I can't even walk as much as I was before.  I'll still be doing resistance training, just skipping the calves for a couple weeks.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day.  Here's to hoping that my injury hasn't reversed my progress.  This is a "one day at a time" journey.  I'm not going to get there overnight and I'm certainly not going to reach my goals without a few challenges.  This is one of those times.

My only issue is slowing down enough to heal, but not too much to lose momentum.  Finding that balance will be the key.


Finding the Balance

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...