Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Fun

Food intake this weekend was off the charts!!  Well maybe not too off, but quite a bit off at any rate.  But, we knew that was going to happen, didn't we?  My birthday was awesome!  And I think my daughter enjoyed hers too.  We shared an choc/van ice cream cake.  It was soooooo good!  

I'm slowly reigning the food back in though.  Today I had a piece of whole wheat French toast and some ultra thin bacon with a small glass of milk and a cup of coffee as well.  I had to go shopping today, so I made my list while turning my nose up at a few of the Week 4 selections and making substitutions for sales and whatnot.  I ran some other errands then went to the grocery store.  Guess what I'd forgotten to do first?  Eat.  I realized this about halfway into my grocery shopping.  So, my normal grocery bill is around $100 a week depending on what I'm restocking.  This week, it was slightly higher - possibly due to the lack of food.  I didn't shop too much off list, but the good news is what I did get was on sale!!  YAY!!  

After shopping, I got home and put away the cold stuff, then immediately grabbed the daughter and out the door we went to grab some lunch/dinner - it was almost 4pm!  Why else do I call it lunch/dinner?  Well, because I ate enough for two meals, I may as well call it two meals, right?  We went to a Mexican restaurant and had... do I even need to say it?  Yep I do - chips and salsa!  This time, though instead of grabbing for the whole chips, I went for the smaller pieces.  I always have ice water now - I don't know if it's the cheap skate in me, the calorie watcher, or the disliker of all things soda, but water is it.  I was under pressure when ordering because I'm always helping my daughter figure out what her pickiness will tolerate.  When the waitress asked if we were ready, we had just decided what SHE would have, so I said YES!  I don't like putting off the ordering of the food because you never know how long it'll be before they come back!!  So, I covered my unpreparedness by asking questions about what comes on this or that and then ended up with a beef enchilada (very small), what has to be the world's SMALLEST tostada with shredded chicken (it seriously couldn't have been more than 3 inches across), with black beans and finally a beef empanada.  I didn't finish it all, but even with the small sizes, I was very pleasantly full.  No room for dessert, but no need for dinner tonight either!  

Once we got home, I decided I needed to walk some of that meal off!!  So I threw a leash on Coal and off we went.  I used the Map My Walk app and after 40 minutes, we had walked a 2 mile loop.  Nice little after dinner stroll.  

Map My Walk/Run/Ride apps are really cool.  But when searching for something else today, I came across their website.  I'm really impressed with these folks.  You don't even need the smart phone apps to plan your walks now!  You can create a free account on their website and then create a route using their map of your area.  It's so easy, just click on the map to make a starting point and then click along the route you want to use.  It even has an option for elevation gain so you can see the hills along the route (and maybe plan away from them when necessary).  This is from my phone, but here's the route from today's walk - the website looks very similar...

The little "tail" on the left was an oops!
We can't go that way due to a big concrete
drainage ditch - no fun to cross.

Ok, enough advertising for Map My Walk - they aren't paying me!!  

One final note, I've decided to give my kids new names for the purpose of this blog and for their own privacy.  I figure it's better than always referring to them as "my son" or "my daughter" or "my teen" or "my picky eater".  So from this day forth, my son will be called "Drew" after my dad who passed away many years ago, but will live on in my heart forever.  And I gave my daughter the opportunity to pick her own name and she came up with "Claire" - hmmm, interesting.  So Drew and Claire it is.  They are my blog children =P

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Labor Day Weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...