Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Walkin' the Walk

If I talk the talk, I've gotta walk the walk, right?  So today, I worked hard on the "7 Ways" list I posted yesterday.  Here's how it went:

1) Got moving!  Took a couple walking breaks at work - not long ones because we were a bit busy, but I walked none the less.

2) Stuck to the meal plans.  I varied a couple things because I looked at the wrong day, but it was all good anyway.

3) Haven't eaten out and don't have any plans to for the rest of the week.  I moved things around this week so that I look forward to every meal!

4) Found some motivation. Here's one of the pic I found (just getting started on the pics).  I also found this neat recipe for BBQ pulled pork biscuits - only 211 calories for TWO!!  


5) Got me some iTunes gift card for my b-day and now I'm loading up my playlist with songs that have a beat and just make me want to MOVE!  What's in your playlist? ;D

6) Changed it up.  Today's workout was upper body weight training.  Last week, I had made notes on some of the sets that needed more weight.  Well, I added that weight and really concentrated on the muscle group I was using.  WOW!  What a difference in the workout.  I made sure to stretch real well afterwards too.  It was rather difficult making dinner with my arms shaking though, so next time maybe I should prepare dinner for the oven before the workout!  

7) Check. Check. And Check!

I think I will revisit this list every once in awhile and post results to be sure I'm staying on track.  Those 7 things aren't that hard to track, so it was fairly easy to accomplish.  And I am really motivated which is very... uh motivational - hehehe.

Ok, so it's been awhile, but in the spirit of motivating and getting on track, I updated my weight loss chart.  This is what it looks like as of this past weekend:

I like looking at that overall downward trend.

Finally, I was so busy writing the list yesterday, I forgot to mention what we did Sunday.  In teaching a young friend some tips and tricks of photography for his yearbook, we ("Claire" and I) assisted our young friend by being motion models.  We pretended to play football, soccer and baseball so he could practice taking motion shots.  Here's thing about our pretending - we only pretended to keep score.  Everything else was fairly real.  We threw, ran and caught the football, we played one-on-one at the soccer goal, and we took turns pitching and hitting a baseball.  Oh and did I mention it was like 90-something degrees outside?  Anyway, it was an hour and a half of fun with the kiddos.  That's not something I could've done 6 months ago.  I am very happy with the progress I am making.  This journey doesn't have to be all hard work and no fun.  I think doing things like that will keep me way more motivated than a treadmill ever will.  Speaking of the treadmill, my calf is getting better every day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...