Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gym Membership Renewed - check!

Went ahead and renewed my gym membership - I figure I'll eventually need a pool AND swim lessons.  There isn't any swimming in my training plan until the 3rd month.  The first two months seems to be mostly about building strength and endurance.  I'm ok with that because it means I'll be swimming in January - in Colorado!!  Sweeeeeeet.

I worked out today - Day 2 of Week 1 of Month 1 - LOL!  I'll post specifics tomorrow.  TOM visited today and I still went to the gym - another unprecedented feat.

Learned something today in the realm of triathlete training... a new definition for "brick."  I'd never heard the term before (outside of that rectangular thing used to build houses), so I checked out this article on "Why Bricks are Necessary and How to Use Them in You Training."

I can barely walk after biking for a long time, I can only imagine what it'll be like to run!

Also found an interesting book/blog...


Blog:   www.swimbikemom.com


Book:  "Triathlon for the Every Woman: You Can Be a Triathlete. Yes. You."


I read a preview of the book and the author writes the way I think, and I was very entertained in just a few pages.  Even if I don't learn a thing, I'm sure I'll be happy I read it.  I'll let you know either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...