Thursday, September 11, 2014

Do it anyway

Have you had one (or several) of those days where you just don't feel like doing anything?  Much less a workout?  Today was one of those days for me.

There was a lot to do at work, but unfortunately most of it involved me sitting at my computer typing away the day and realizing I haven't moved in 4 hours.  Water intake was down, I didn't get to walk at all - uggghhh!  That sort of thing leads to me just not wanting to do ANYTHING when I get home.

Today was no different.  I got home from work - ready for dinner as usual.  BUT - if I'm doing Insanity, I've learned I absolutely MUST do it before eating.  I didn't want to.   It pushes me.  I was hungry.  It's difficult.

I did it anyway.

I'm so glad I did.  I know it's only Day 4 and I'm not telling you this so I can say "Look at what I did" or "I'm so awesome because I sucked it up and worked out."  No, this is HUGE.  It would've been so easy to just plop down in front of the TV after a day like today and skip it.  Excuses pop into my head about how I could give myself today off and work harder tomorrow.  And sure I could, but that excuse will inevitably lead to another, and then another, until another year goes by and I still haven't met my goal.  This is it.  On a day like today, this is when we can choose a different path.  I already know what the path of excuses holds.  Now I'm gonna check out the path of just do it anyway.

FITNESS:
Only halfway to step goal
Insanity Day 4
Squat Challenge Day 16 - rest

FOOD:
B:  Honey Nut Cheerios w/banana & 2% milk
L:  Leftover Taco Pasta Salad (YAY new microwave at work)
S:  Orange
D:  Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Bowl (it's sooooo good!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...