Monday, September 8, 2014

The Universe has been Rocked!

We had a great time Rockin' the Universe this weekend.  We saw some amazing bands and I got in lots of steps.  Total steps were Friday – 18,127 (7.02 miles), Saturday – 17,043 (6.52 miles) and Sunday 10,015 (3.83 miles).  That’s over 15 miles of walking!!   How was the nutrition you might ask?  Well, my food choices weren't always stellar, but I didn't eat near what I normally would at an amusement park. 


Newsboys
Third Day

Family Force 5

TobyMac

Me and the HE


Gringotts and the Dragon

Hogwarts Castle

The park was pretty sweet and the new Harry Potter rides were lots of fun.  I must say technology has done a lot for the amusement park industry because the new 3D motion ride/roller coasters were outstanding!  Of course, I love a good ol' fashion roller coaster too!!  I thought it was kinda cool to ride the Hogwarts Express - "Anything from the trolley dears?"  Awesome.  One of the rides kept breaking down and we weren't sure we'd be able to go on it before we left, but eventually it worked out.  Lots of fun walking through Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade - tried my first Butterbeer (liquid crack is all I can say).  I also enjoyed revisiting the attractions that were there last time I went 10 years ago - Spiderman, Transformers, Twister, etc.  I'm looking forward to going again sometime in the fall when it's not so hot.

But now we're back to reality and today went pretty well considering I was gone all weekend.  This means I didn’t shop until tonight, which meant dinner out.  I also had lunch from Subway today.  That wasn’t planned, but the microwave at work broke, so had to think fast.  I’m hoping all the working out today offset the unplanned calories.  Speaking of calories, here is the menu plan for the week…

Breakfast Choices:
Honey Nut Cheerios w/fruit & 2% milk
OR
Chobani Greek Yogurt w/mini dark choc chips & almond slivers

Lunch Choices:
Leftovers
OR
Salad Kit
OR
Lean Cuisine meal

Dinners:
Chicken & Black Bean Burrito Bowl (tried this last week and it was soooo good, I'm having it again this week)
Taco Pasta Salad
Salad topped w/chicken
Skillet Tostadas
Chicken & Brown Rice w/Broccoli
Subway (Eat Fresh!)

Snack Choices:
Apple w/cheddar slices
Grapes
Nutrigrain bar

And finally, in other news today

FITNESS
Walk 30 minutes (10,617 steps total today)
Resistance Tube Workout
Squat Challenge Day 13
Insanity Day 1 (Lesson learned don’t do this after eating dinner!)

FOOD
Breakfast:
Chobani Greek Yogurt w/almond slivers & mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Lunch:
Subway Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on flatbread

Dinner:
Chic-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich w/side salad

Snacks:

Homemade Trailmix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...